Research interests: Physiology of the kidneys and water-salt balance, evolutionary physiology
- In collaboration with physiologists from the USA, Germany, and others, a standard nomenclature of kidney structures was developed.
- The principles of the evolution of functions and functional evolution of the kidney are formulated.
A hypothesis of the origin of life and cells is proposed.
- The mechanisms of changes in water-salt balance in space flight are established and methods for the rehabilitation of astronauts are proposed.
- New clearance formulas are developed and their application in the clinic and experiment is shown.
A new type of natriuretic has been proposed and patented.
- The mechanisms of osmoregulation in sturgeon fish and regulation of cell volume in insects are revealed.
The mechanism of cascade regulation of water-salt homeostasis is established.
- The chapters on kidney physiology have been written in physiology textbooks with a separate description of the functions of the kidneys and urinary processes.
Natochin Yu, Chernigovskaya T / From archebiosis to evolution of organisms and informational systems / Biological Communications 2020 65(3) : 215-227
Kutina A, Makashov A, Balbotkina E, Karavashkina T, Natochin Yu / Subtypes of neurohypophyseal nonapeptide receptors and their functions in rat kidneys. / Acta Naturae 2020 12(1) : 73-83
Natochin Yu, Golosova D / Vasopressin receptor subtypes and renal sodium transport. / Vitamins and Hormones 2020 113 : 239-258
Natochin Yu, Kusnetsova A, Prokopenko A, Milani G.P., Lava S.A.G., Marina A / Osmoregulation in children with cystic fibrosis. / Eur. J. Pediatr. 2020 May;179(5) : 835-838